Easy Tether Comes ThroughJanuary 4, 2012
- I don’t like to use my phone when doing a lot of typing.
- I can’t always find a Wifi hot spot
- I am too cheap to buy a WiMax subscription
- I don’t want to pay for my phone to create a hot spot for my computer (up to $40/month)
- I don’t want to break the law by rooting or jailbreaking my phone.
I found the legal and affordable solution. The program “Easy Tether” does not root the phone and allows your phone to give Internet access to your computer. In fact, I did this entire article while in a cafe that does not have Internet access. Right now, it costs only $4.99 through Amazon’s App store.
I did have some problems with setup. My LG phone needed a software update to get it all to work. But after it did, I have had no problems at all. For many people, this article is gobbldygook. But for Technogeeks who want to use their phone to get internet for their computers, this is a reasonable solution.